On 05/03/15 15:08, Jonathan Underwood wrote:

I am trying to package up the java script library web-socket-js in
order to unbundle it from xpra (currently under review). The
javascript packaging guidelines[1] require that "If a JavaScript
library typically is shipped as minified or compiled code, it must be
compiled or minified as part of the RPM build process." I am not at
all familiar with java script  - what is the recommended tool for
minifying .js files?

Well the idea normally is to use whatever upstream uses, just that you should do it yourself in the spec file rather than use the minimised version from upstream.

That may not be possible if the minimiser upstream is using is not, or maybe even cannot be, packaged for Fedora.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/