Felix Miata <mrmazda <at> earthlink.net> writes:

> Why does this bug exist only in Fedora, not in openSUSE or Mageia or *buntu?
> All my systems are multiboot, so only a select very few are on UTC. None that
> are on UTC have Fedora installed. This means every Fedora boot takes about
> twice as long or longer than anything else takes, waiting on all the
> unnecessary FS checks.

Just as a workaround, you CAN make a Windows box use UTC for the RTC,
there's a registry hack. Google "RealTimeIsUniversal". I've done this on all
my Windows/Fedora machines. There are some minor issues in Windows (which
you'll read about in doing the above search), but if you only use Windows
rarely, it's nothing serious.