On 05/13/2015 08:03 PM, Les Howell wrote:
I created a new UI for GRBL using Python with tkinter.  Not bad, but it
won't work on an Android Notepad (GX10 from a company called EKEN),
which was my target.
Are you running the entire show from the notepad? I am asking because a popular architecture is to run e.g. LinuxCNC on an embedded Intel (Atom) or ARM (Beaglebone) motherboard with rich I/O, and use Android tablets for GUI. In that case, you can install X on Android (e.g.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=x.org.server ) <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=x.org.server&hl=en> and run GUI client on the main computer, displaying on the Android server over the USB networking.

DISPLAY=192.168.1.11:0 <http://192.168.1.11:0> wish testbuttons.tcl

It runs fine, although the mouse interaction is awkward (have to slide the cursor to the target first before tapping to click).