> Now, is it our task as the change owners to update each and every
> package that depends on Mono?
> We have done a lot of preparation work, but would welcome the package
> owners to review our changes to the spec files and import them into
> their packages...
> Does it work like that?

Procedurally speaking, the https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Mono_4#Scope
section should clearly say what you are planning to do, and what you expect
others to do.  “Other developers: See Upgrade/compatibility impact and
Dependencies section” is not exactly spelling it out but my reading is that you
should be able to rely on the package owners taking care of their packages (but
of course any help you can provide would be great).
    Mirek