Andrew Haley skrev den 2015-05-26 12:10:
On 19/05/15 16:20, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Martin Stransky wrote:
is there any mechanism how to speed up release of critical security
fixes by Fedora update system?

For instance Firefox packages are released *week* after official Mozilla
release which is really bad.

Any idea here?
The "update stability policies" enforced by Bodhi simply need to be
repealed. This problem simply did not exist when maintainers were still
trusted to be able to do their job.
Or maybe we should modify them for urgent security updates rather than
repeal them totally.  We certainly have delays with Java security
updates on Fedora.  Something needs to be done, but I'm not sure
exactly what.

Andrew.

I worked with security updates for Mandriva Linux between 2009 and 2015.

I'm open for a job offer on that topic ;)