Am 27.09.2015 um 13:57 schrieb Neal Gompa:
On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 7:38 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

    Am 27.09.2015 um 11:27 schrieb Richard W.M. Jones:

        This is quite tiresome.  dnf clearly isn't "completely broken".  It
        may have a bug, but the correct place to put that is in Bugzilla.

    a package manager which pretends "nothing to do" after rm -rf
    /var/cache/dnf/* while there are two fresh builds is by definition
    broken

​My question to you is... why are you doing "rm -rf /var/cache/dnf/*"​?
Why not just do "sudo dnf <action> --refresh"? That forces DNF to
actually look at everything again. If your goal is to clean everything
out, then "sudo dnf clean all" would do the trick too (which also worked
in the yum days)

how often do you ask that question again?

a empty "/var/cache/yum|dnf" is a by definition and unconditional empty cache - why should i trust a software obviously not working with the basic commands right in case of other ones?

and BTW we are not a Ubuntu - what's up with all that "sudo" stuff - if i am root then i am root, that's it