Am 15.10.2015 um 13:09 schrieb Bastien Nocera:
----- Original Message -----
On 2015-10-14, Alexandre Moine <nobra...@gmail.com> wrote:
But, we have to be very careful with this software since it downloads
scripts and icons from the web (in the automated installer part)...
And it can install for example IE or steam by simply clicking a
button, without any mentions of the proprietary part of these
software. I don't know if this is legal from the point of vue of our
lawyers :)

Yet web browsers download and execute proprietary software every minute
and nobody is for removing the browsers from Fedora because of that.

That would be because that's not the sole purpose of a web browser, as
is explained the guidelines. We'd remove any browser that *only* did that

really?

you think websites are free and opensource in general?
they are not, just because it's plaintext doesn't make the code free

i don't get who's business it is to care about what a software running on a users machine does *after confirmation of the user* that he wants his machine exactly to do that and as far fedora don't host the download it's not Fedoras business at all

in other words: Fedora has much bigger problems than this discussion like systemd-presets and "dhcp-compat replaces dhcp" while upgrade from F21 to F22 *disables* dhcpd on any machine even when the unit was copied and modified to /etc/systemd/system and the same likely would happen with services disabled by intention if they are default on