Am 29.10.2015 um 16:30 schrieb Przemek Klosowski:
On 10/29/2015 08:33 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 29.10.2015 um 13:24 schrieb Honza Šilhan:

dnf has `--allowerasing switch - it will resolve the conflicts by
uninstallation
of conflicting packages. Installing the packages regardless the
dependencies by
`--force` is really dangerous and will not be supported by DNF.

removing random packages is also really dangerous and *not* acceptable
For what it's worth, in the YUM days few years back I had a botched
update (not even upgrade!). I believe it was a 5.x Centos, and yum
decided to delete a ton of packages. The system became unbootable, and I
had to do a lot of manual yum installs including IIRC yum itself, to
restore it. I didn't even file yum  bugs because that system has a rich
history and a lot of odd software installed so I chalked it to
'self-inflicted', but:

I learned to be very careful reading the lists of packages
suggested for deletion

well, luckily we have now /etc/dnf/protected.d/dnf.conf containing "dnf" to prevent the combination of bugs and mistakes doing that sort of damage - i remember well summer 2014 how hard i was defended to demand get that back since yum had it for years

the same for uninstall the running kernel