People have moved past vorbis and into the world of Opus. Even MP3 is more
for the vast amounts of legacy content - most current content will be AACL.

Saying that, as a no-lawyer, it did seem last time that I looked that many
remaining patents after September 2015 were for encoding processes, but as
always the actual lawyers who have had a chance to research this would know
better and for the rest of us, it isnt too too much of an encumberance.