I think someone needs to agree to become the maintainer for such a
package, correct? Who's willing to do this?

I haven't tested ZoL on my UEFI+Secure Boot NUC yet, but my
expectation is that this kernel module isn't going to be signed by
anything trusted, so it'd fail to load. If that's true, there's an
advantage for building it within Fedora infrastructure if it's going
to get built with a Fedora signing key. But the kernel module private
key used for signing isn't kept around for building other modules (it
goes back to the ether).

And if that can't or won't happen, is there a problem with the way
it's package by the zfsonlinux.org folks now? They have a Fedora
specific repo.

Anyway, it all sounds non-trivial. It's going to take a plan.

Chris Murphy