On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 4:31 PM, Jan Kurik <jku...@redhat.com> wrote:
> = Proposed Self Contained Change: Micro Bit =
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Micro_Bit
>
> Change owner(s):
> * Kushal Das <mail AT kushaldas DOT in>
>
> Enable the use of BBC Micro Bit on Fedora systems. Users will be able
> develop, and put in new code to their micro:bit devices using Fedora.
>
> == Detailed Description ==
> Micro Bit (or micro:bit) is an ARM-based embedded system designed by
> the BBC for use in computer education in the UK. It will be given to
> every class 7 students in UK. This change will make sure that they
> simply use Fedora to use their devices.

This is a very limited description of the intentions. The way it's
intended to be used in the UK is via a programming web interface
written by Microsoft (apparently it'll be open sourced!) which will be
the standard, but it'll also support micropython [1] and I suspect
some form of ardrino style programming, but being a Cortex-M series
processor is obviously not capable of running Fedora itself so I think
for this to be a feature you need to actually specify how it's
actually going to be supported and what tools rather than a handy wavy
"support" outline.

[1] http://ntoll.org/article/story-micropython-on-microbit