On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 7:11 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanz...@gnome.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-01-28 at 23:30 -0800, Samuel Sieb wrote:
>> I had some further discussion with him and he was using "systemctl
>> suspend" to do the suspend.  I tested that and Gnome doesn't lock
>> the
>> screen.  I suspect there's a bug in there either with systemd or
>> Gnome
>> because Gnome does hold suspend inhibitors for the stated purpose of
>> locking the screen before suspending.
>
> Thanks for investigating this. Seems safe to assume it's a GNOME bug
> until proven otherwise. Would you be interested in filing a bug on
> bugzilla.gnome.org (component: gnome-session seems like a good guess)?

I'll get around to it unless Sam beats me to it.

I also want to test if my ssh key is cleared when using suspend key,
and if not, file that as an RFE (I think the identity should be
vacated upon any of lock/suspend/hibernate timers being reached, or a
manual suspend key being pushed).

The reason why I've gotten into the habit of using systemctl suspend
is a quick power button depress wasn't reliably suspending the system.
That's worked the last few times I've tried it, so I'll keep at it.

Chris Murphy