On 3 February 2016 at 15:27, Brian C. Lane <b...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 03:00:53PM +0100, Jan Kurik wrote:
> > = Proposed Self Contained Change: Graphical System Upgrades =
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/GraphicalSystemUpgrades
>
> This change is really light on details (or progress?). How is this going
> to be different (and why) from the dnf system-upgrade plugin? Since it
> is GNOME Software related I guess it is going to run while the system is
> active, not during reboot? Part of the reason for fedup/system-upgrade
> was to avoid breakage resulting from upgrading changing running code.

Also can we ensure that gnome software/packagekit updates the dnf database
correctly before we recommend, or even enable, this upgrade method?

It's bad enough right now with F23 and dnf autoremoving stuff installed via
the packagekit interfaces but add in a whole system upgrade being out of
sync with the way dnf thinks of the system and it sounds like a recipe for
disaster.

Bonus points for dnf history showing packagekit actions too ;)