> So what I am looking for is someone who is fluent in LUA to help me convert
> these scripts over so that they can run entirely under the built-in LUA
> interpreter of RPM and eliminate this problem.

I know that the language is spelled “Lua”, not “LUA”.  Not sure if
that's enough qualification.

The fundamental question is whether you want to preserve this script as
a Lua script, for running outside of RPM.  If not, we can
constant-propagate the command line flags into the script and simplify
it somewhat.

Note that the script would have to run under the RPM Lua interpreter,
the plain Lua interpreter does not provide some required functionality
(such as posix.files function).  And you cannot run the script from a
file system path, you have to put it directly into the spec file.

Florian