On 2016-03-14 21:42, Phil Sutter wrote:

So I will stick to my former plan of not rebasing iproute in stable
releases (unless there's good reason) but become open for feature
requests if there is valid need for it, a backport is feasible and it
doesn't interfere with core functionality. ACK?

Or both (at the price of additional cycles) - in addition to rebase-on-release for the main collection, (might be even without the selective post-release feature back-porting part), a semi-official COPR [1] repo in sync with the current kernel, to be available (for instance) to the dedicated sysadmins, who support bigger Fedora environments, like these in some universities.

I think that recently more and more maintainers of key packages in Fedora also start to follow this (Main-conservative + COPR-latest) delivery scheme in favor of their users/testers with special interests.

Kind Regards,
Alek

[1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/psutter/iproute/