On 15/11/2012 16:27, Nick Treleaven wrote:
On 09/11/2012 17:39, Nick Treleaven wrote:
On 05/11/2012 22:45, Lex Trotman wrote:
On 6 November 2012 02:02, Colomban Wendling
<lists....@herbesfolles.org>wrote:

Le 03/05/2012 13:41, Quentin Glidic a écrit :
The main point is about the “Rename†, the unsaved file one (last
commit message line) is a bonus.

I agree that "Open in new tab" shouldn't have precedence over "Rename".

The patch looks like it removes the disabling of Rename so it is always
enabled. I'm not sure that's a good idea, but then the 'Open in new tab'
checkbox should probably be a button itself - only it would make the
buttons too wide with that caption. 'Open in new tab' is not an action
that should typically be repeated.
'Open in new tab' could perhaps be superseded by File->'Save a Copy'.
The user could then open the saved copy from the recent files menu if
they want. This would be clearer and more intuitive than the current
'Open in new tab' behaviour.

I now have a different solution which I think packages the current use
cases in a better way - see:

https://github.com/ntrel/geany/commits/document-clone

Updated and now a pull request:
https://github.com/geany/geany/pull/80

This adds a Document->Clone menu item. It also disables the Save As dialog Rename button unless the document already exists on disk.