On 13-04-18 05:16 AM, Thomas Martitz wrote:
Am 17.04.2013 16:49, schrieb Steven Blatnick:
I've always thought the dialogs should be embedded anyway, which
doesn't steal focus.  What I mean is like gedit does, where at the top
of the document a box appears before line 1 and says "This file has
been modified".  Then, people wouldn't have to press it until they
wanted to since it would be associated with the document directly.

Thanks,

You will find many people on this list that agree with you (including
me). We've had proposals and even a prototype implementation (IIRC) for
this but nothing ended up in Geany mainline. But your use case is a
strong argument in favor of this. I too find the popup highly annoying.

If anyone wants to pick up where I left off and run the bikeshed gauntlet, the branch is still in the Geany repo (document-messages). It should be trivial to update it with the master branch. You'll probably want to check the mailing list archives for reference of what the issues were.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush