On 13-10-10 05:14 PM, Yosef Or Boczko wrote:
On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 2:43 AM, Colomban Wendling
<lists....@herbesfolles.org> wrote:
Le 11/10/2013 01:24, Yosef Or Boczko a écrit :
[snip]

Also, in GNOME 3.10 the Stock items is drop [1], and UI with Stock is
look outdated.

How does the UI look outdated?  Using named icons won't change a thing,
in the end they all use the theme's icons.

The icons in the menus and in the buttons in the dialogs isn't add any
information.
I not think the 'OK' icon is add information there isn't in the string „Save”.

So why have anything that doesn't add information? We could use text-only toolbar, force off user's theme choice and use plain/stock theme, remove choice of syntax highlighting colours, remove icons from the symbols tree, hard-code the font family and size to the Geany developers preference, etc...

In reality it doesn't matter what we think, or what the GNOME design team thinks, such stuff is extremely subjective and personal and the only apps that need to care about GNOME design manifesto are GNOME applications themselves.

P.S. As you can tell this subject is extremely controversial outside of GNOME-land (or at least inside of Geany-land), please don't mistake rants for anything personal against your own valid opinions :)

Cheers,
Matthew Brush