On 13-11-11 11:48 PM, Steven Blatnick wrote:
That sounds pretty good.  Is that a lot like python and gtk?  I get the
impression its better since I don't think python compiles to equivolent c code?

If by "better" you mean faster, leaner, and more compatible with existing C code, yep. It literally outputs (fairly) readable GObject/GTK-style C code just like you'd write by hand. With Python not only is it not easily callable from C code, but it's interpreted, and I think the PyGObject/Introspection stuff makes it go through another layer of foreign function interface stuff (libffi I guess) to actually call the GObject C code rather than directly through a CPython extension (could be mistaken on this).

You might like an intro like this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6QrGmA_RR4E#t=2214

Cheers,
Matthew Brush