On 14-04-09 01:15 PM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 23:57:49 +0400
Pavel Roschin <ros...@scriptumplus.ru> wrote:

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 23:17:02 +0400
Pavel Roschin <ros...@scriptumplus.ru> wrote:

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 20:48:35 +0200
Frank Lanitz <fr...@frank.uvena.de> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the work, bad for putting all together in one big
blob.

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 21:58:59 +0400
Pavel Roschin <ros...@scriptumplus.ru> wrote:

- geanylatex at close segfault (see Gist for backtrace and
IRC for investigation)

Will not search backlog of IRC. To much noise. What did you
do to get this?

Even I see what might could be the cause, I cannot reproduce
it. I need more details please.

Cheers,
Frank

This not actually reproducible. I enabled all plugins, after time
Geany started to crash sometimes at exit.

This is IRC history about this bug:

https://gist.github.com/scriptum/10304696

In short: devhelp + geanylatex = crash at exit

I assume it only happens, when a TeX file having focus on closing? I
think for some reasons, and this is what b4n also mention on IRC,
devhelp is destroying/changing the doc-pointer at some point.

Not sure. It happens even with empty (few *.c files) Geany. But who
knows what happens internally. I do not use Geany for TeX, so
probably it crashes without TeX documents (probably because I don't
remember all details). Currently I have all plugins disabled and
crashes didn't appear.

I had some crash with devhelp at booth at CLT when I wanted to show
somebody some feature. But wasn't able to reproduce. Maybe some timing
thing?

Devhelp plugin shouldn't change document pointer, it only reparents the document notebook into another notebook, but it doesn't change its name and ui_lookup_widget() can still find it and such. Actually the concept is mostly copied from SplitWindow plugin which does something quite similar, so if you are running SplitWindow + Devhelp, I can almost guarantee some problems (although it really shouldn't *crash*, but rather spew assertion failures to terminal and just not work correctly).

The geanylatex bug I looked at from pastebin on IRC the other day looked to me like Scintilla's notification was firing after the GeanyEditor, GeanyDocument or GeanyFiletype was destroyed/re-used/whatever and it was dereferencing a NULL or invalid pointer.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush