On 14-04-17 04:43 AM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
Am 17.04.2014 13:40, schrieb Lex Trotman:
On 17 April 2014 21:17, Frank Lanitz <fr...@frank.uvena.de> wrote:
Am 17.04.2014 12:59, schrieb Oly:
yeah, i also have a snippet plugin and a python code checker plugin on my
launchpad and there is a ppa for them as well, i am just not that good at
promoting them, i just use them for work :)

Maybe you can spread it a little? Maybe we could add at least some to
g-p project? Matthew ... how would be the best way doing this btw?

I just said to Oly on IRC:

Frank would get heartburn trying to figure out how to manage Geanypy
plugins in geany-plugins :)

;)

Well.... yepp... Maybe not direct ading to geany-plugins, but having a
good way to distribute them. I think _RPG_ was also asking for something
like that earlier.

Autotools has support for Python built-in, likely all that's needed is to somehow declare a dependency in the make file that each Python plugin depends on libgeanypy.la.

In normal Automake, it might look like this for a plugin "foo":

    fooplugin_PYTHON = foo.py bar.py etc.py
    fooplugindir = $(pkgdatadir)/geanypy/plugins
    #fooplugin_LDADD = $(top_builddir)/geanypy/src/libgeanypy.la

I'm not sure about the last line, but presumably there's a way in Automake to say "these files depend on that other file, install them both".

Cheers,
Matthew Brush