On 14-04-24 09:44 PM, Pavel Roschin wrote:
I'm played with GeanyPy plugin and faced with a problem.

Here is the source code I created to get current document from sidebar:

        def press(self, widget, event, data=None):
                if event.button != 2:
                        return
                mod, it = widget.get_selection().get_selected()
                doc = mod.get(it, 2)[0]

According to sidebar.c, mod.get(it, 2) should return pointer to Document.

This isn't supported/recommended to do in either Geany plugin API or GeanyPy, but see below.

But Python doesn't know that this is document and doc variable in this
example has type GPointer. How can I access to this document from python plugin?

P.S. I tried to use ctypes.cast, no success. Currently I'm addressing document
with a file path but it is a hack and isn't working for symlinks.

If you really want to, maybe try to call the C function `Document_create_new_from_geany_document()` (in src/geanypy-document.[ch]) which is used by GeanyPy internally, but should be callable somehow from Python.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush