On 14-05-25 05:23 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
On 26 May 2014 09:50, Matthew Brush <mbr...@codebrainz.ca> wrote:
[snip]

If we moved to having public headers that just included actual public
symbols, I think it would be advantageous to have those headers totally
commented/documented rather than requiring the user to download Geany's
source code and cross-reference functions in it to access the comments/docs,
or getting hold of the generated Doxygen API documentation.

Its neater to have them in the public .h file sure, but I suggest that
they are going to be less likely to be kept up to date that way.  Most
of the editing happens in the .c files (I don't even open the .h much
of the time) so the doxygen comments in headers become out of sight,
out of mind.

If, in future changes, we used the `G_MODULE_EXPORT` stuff, and kept it at the site of the definition (in the C file), it might provide a queue for anyone changing it that it has related boilerplate, being an exported/public function. It might help a bit here at least.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush