On 14-08-16 10:42 PM, James Lownie wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was building the docs and I found the documented procedures
<http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#id234> don't work for
me.  The doco says to do "make docs" to generate the docs, but I found
that there is no target for "docs" and I just had to go to the docs
directory and do "make".

I was writing up a patch to change the doco when it occurred to me that
this might be a platform issue.  I'm using Fedora 20 with GNU Make
3.82.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

Colomban wrote:

Subject: Re: [Geany-Devel] Introduction and patch for documentation

Hi James, and welcome here!

As my first contribution I added some clarification to the section
about Projects.

Thanks, applied.

Just one thing, we try to keep the lines at a maximum of around 72
characters for easier readability of the plain text form. That's no big
deal though, I fixed this before committing.

I generated a patch file as per the instructions in the doco, and
attached it to this email. I hope this is the normal procedure.

This is just fine, yes.

There is mention of using a pull request, so do people also push
their commits to the server?

No, for pull requests we use the GitHub repository and their pull
request feature (you have your own fork of the repository and push to
it, and then ask us to merge something from your repository).

Regards,
Colomban

His mail server was down so I sent this message for him.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush