On 14-08-22 11:23 AM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
Hi,

lately, I started building a new Windows installer which includes a
recent GTK 2.24 runtime for Windows which need for future releases.

[snip]

- add some code to check if a config in <...>\Roaming exists and if so,
move it to <...>\Local

I'd implement the last choice if there are no objections. This is not
nice because we implement again some magic "config directory move" code
but at least the user won't notice that GLib change.

Sounds fine to me, even just a one-time dialog telling the user about the change would be useful. Either way the code be put inside win32.c and guarded with an #ifdef G_OS_WIN32 so it doesn't mess up unrelated source files.

FWIW, I don't think this is the first time the config directory moved. Even between WinXP and Windows7 the actual directory used had changed, causing a little confusion (for me at least).

Cheers,
Matthew Brush