On 15-07-29 08:46 AM, Pavel Roschin wrote:
Is GTK3 really unavoidable dependency?

I could spend effort trying to make stuff compatible with both GTK2 and 3 but since GTK+ 2 is obsolete and even Geany will be depending on GTK+ 3 by default soon, it seems pointless to write code that is deprecated before it's even complete.

At a quick look it doesn't use scintilla's autocompletion window - what
is the reason?

Currently it uses Scintilla's. Eventually it will probably provide own popup window that has better items, some extra widgetry and performance improvements over Scintilla's.

That would be a great feature. Did you also look at CodeIntel?
It could improve support for many languages, not only C/C++.

I did not. To the best of my knowledge libclang provides the best and most accurate open source library available for IDEs to hook into the C/C++ compiler and in my experience, besides a having a user-unfriendly API (verbose, inconsistent, undocumented, etc), it offers lots of useful features out of the box.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush