Am 20.08.2015 um 01:25 schrieb Matthew Brush:
On 15-08-19 04:20 PM, Oliver Krystal wrote:
Yes, I'm subscribed.  Well, I use to be the developer but the facts
should still hold true.  PortableApps.com doesn't modify the source
code, but uses a wrapper around the program to achieve "portable-ness".

If PortableApps needs a change to achieve portableness, it should be
submitted to the maintainers of the original program for inclusion in
the upstream(?) source.

We do have some special code about "binary relocation" for this I believe, it was added before my time, but I think it might've broken in the last release (1.25).

My current question though is, do you know it handles the case for the GUI/Glade file that it loads on startup? If I understand correctly, we hard-code the path to it at compile time, yet I'm able to freely move the GeanyPortable folder around and it still loads fine.

Any info/tips would be appreciated.

Windows builds used to be binary relocatable by default since you can chose the destination in the installer. With geany.glade that might be broken.

The "binary relocation support" reported by configure applies to unix builds only.

Best regards