On 2015-11-09 9:08 AM, Devyn Collier Johnson wrote:
[...]

Unless I over-looked it in http://www.geany.org/Contribute/Developers ,
I assume discussion on plugin and color-scheme development are allowed
in this mailing list, or is there a separate mailing list?

Correct, there is no separate mailing list for Geany-Plugins or Geany-Themes development, they share with main devel list.

*Ideas*

I noticed that on Geany's GitHub page under ./data/templates, there are
two license templates ("gpl" and "bsd"). These templates appear in the
"Edit > Insert Comments" menu. I would like to add some more license
templates and include them in the menu. Does anyone disagree with this
idea? I would like to add agpl, lgpl2, lgpl3, gpl3, cc0, and others. To
make it easier to add menu items, could Geany be re-programmed to
dynamically create that menu based on the templates included in
./data/templates and ~/.config/geany/templates , thus allowing users to
add licenses to their own systems?

It definitively should be improved to make it user-extensible, something like adding a license template shouldn't require source code and GUI modifications.

A long time ago I made a patch to add a few more licenses, but the patch doesn't improve the extensibility, it only adds to the existing hard-coded templates, and is also severely out of date, and wouldn't apply on Geany's current master branch. It is here, for reference:

https://gist.github.com/codebrainz/2353163

(Lines 1 to 11,212 are just noise caused by the GUI designer making unnecessary changes to the XML file.)

Cheers,
Matthew Brush