Hi,

There are quite a few Issues/Pull Requests on Github about adding more extensions to `filetype_extensions.conf` so various types of files are detected/colourized/symbolized properly out of the box.

IMO, we need a policy/guidance on what is acceptable. The way I see it there are a few ways we could handle it:

1) Add all filetype extensions possible as long as there's proof somewhere they actually exist/are used.

2) Add only popular, generic ones, for example JSON or YAML or actual programming languages supported by Geany.

3) Don't add anymore except when adding entirely new filetype support; the `filetype_extensions.conf` file is user-editable precisely for this reason.

I don't really have an opinion on this, but it would be helpful to have some kind of consensus/policy on it, for the purposes of triaging Issues and Pull Requests on Github.

Regards,
Matthew Brush