Well, some of our principles for keyboard shortcuts have been 1)
treating CTRL-K as a primary shortcut for action A and ALT-K as a
variation on that same action and 2) we've been trying to adhere to
the (generally similar) shortcut paradigms present in Linux and OSX
when possible.

I'm not as familiar with Linux, but OSX frequently uses F for
fullscreen.  Is ALT-ENTER  of Windows origin?