On Dec 4, 2007 5:02 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >   Is preferred method really over the network?  I'm so ignorant about
> > it, but what is the current theory of upgrading?  Does the current
> > scheme let people download a 300MB file over the wireless?  (I haven't
> > tried it by myself, but does T-Mobile connection stable enough to let
> > them do it generally?)

olpc-update is incremental.  The total amount of transferred data is
rather small.

> For me at least, the XO's wireless is still totally unreliable. So
> I'd appreciate if the download-to-usb upgrade process was still
> supported.

Please update to the latest joyride or ship.2 build.  The new libertas
firmware fixes a large number of "unreliable network" bugs in our
testing.  If you still have problems, please file a trac bug, as we're
very interested in hunting these down.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )