On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Mikus Grinbergs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Terminal, Log Viewer, and Analyze are not included in the core build,
>  > but they *are* included in the core *library*.  That is, you can
>  > always install them, even though they may not show up by default in
>  > the toolbar.
>
>  I did not realize that - your answer settles my concern (i.e., that
>  a user "under a tree" ought to be able to install Terminal if it was
>  not "included" in the build).
>
>  But it would be nice if the documentation were clearer.  The wiki
>  mentions "library" many times, but most of those references are to
>  libraries out in cyberspace, or at the school.  There is info about
>  the Activities resident in the XO;  there ought to be more info
>  about the Library resident in the XO.  [Because I originally had
>  problems with Browse, had not explored its sidebar capabilities.]

It should be remembered that I am trying to do the best I can for
update.1 in the extremely limited time available.  We've got some
better solutions (as described above) for future releases; our
approaches are likely to change with time.  We'll probably have a
detailed discussion of what goes into the "core" library at some point
as well.
  --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )