Tomeu,

The Suse repositories don't have RPMs for automake other than 1.9. However, you have given me an idea to try. I noticed that automake's executeable has a version number in it, and it is symlinked to "automake". Maybe if I unlink "automake" in /usr/local/bin but leave everything else alone I can get the build to work. If it works I'll update the wiki page for Suse. I wasn't expecting to need two different versions of automake installed to do the build though. I've compiled a lot of source for Linux but I never ran into anything like this.

I have another machine running xubuntu, which I believe is based on "gutsy" and has RPMs for Sugar. That has worked very well for me, but sharing with the Read activity is broken and since my app is a variant of Read and needs to do sharing I need a better test environment. I was hoping to get my openSuse box to be that environment, the build sugar-jhbuild on xubuntu after removing the sugar RPMs.

James Simmons

Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 2:56 PM, James Simmons