Charles,

An attempt to answer some of your questions:

>  Could someone let me know if *all* the BitFrost implementation is opensource?

yes

> Long lived photograph/name/laptop pairing is made.

In current implementations, there is no photograph, so any discussion
of the implementation details is speculative.

>  Is it true that "calling home" for an XO does not include the local School
> Server?

It need not include the local School Server as currently implemented,
but "active kill" is not implemented (and may never be).

> Again, would someone in the code answer if all HTTP packets are signed?

I don't believe so.

> Didn't check to see if shipping version have a led on the camera.

The LEDs for the microphone and camera are on all mass production laptops.

-walter