Dan Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 06/03/2008 01:50:59 PM:

> > That's a good suggestion.
> > From a practical perspective though, in XOs, the onboard interface is
> > always eth0 these days.
>
> Yes, but I thought the discussion was more about active antenna updates,
> where you may have more than one usb8388, and thus you actually care
> about updating a specific adapter.  In the normal XO case, you only have
> one usb8388, and thus the userspace flash tool will work just fine.

In general, you don't have to touch boot2 (and with the newer chips you
won't be able, even if you wanted  ;-)
The discussion here is mainly on how to burn new firmware into stand-alone
"active antenna" modules which are going to be used around XOs. Thus, it
is very important to make sure that we can program those using XOs.

M.