2 releases per year is the right way to go. I can't imagine using more
than two XO releases per year, barring an important security or bug fix.
It is just too time consuming to test out a new release and more
importantly, train the teachers about any new features or anomalies.

I hope to update our XO OS images for the first time in September.

@Michael:
I would like to share back any important changes we made to the OS image
but the changes I made were quite trivial. Primarily, my changes were
customizing the order that the activities were displayed in and the
installation of additional rpms.

Sulochan is working on a shell script to automatically update activities
when there are new versions on the school server. I will ask him to
communicate his work back.

Keep up the good work

Bryan Berry
OLE Nepal