Many thanks. I have updated the first few of 75 XO-1s to be used in a
Solomons trial next week and will let the list know my observations.

I used the following to install from the terminal activity

su
rpm -ivh kernel-....rpm
cp -a /boot/* /versions/boot/current/boot/
exit

The cp command gave a string of complaints that the source and destination
files "are the same file". I am therefore unsure if it worked successfully
as per the comment below on the wiki page. However after a reboot the
touchpad still works...

updated correctly

David Leeming
Technical Advisor, People First Network