John,

I've noticed you tagging lots of tickets over the last few days for
consideration as 8.2.0 blockers. Some of your selections make good sense
to me, like the GPL tickets (#4265), but others make less sense to me,
like the debuginfo packages issue (#4264), the TurtleArt naming issue
(#5941), the boot-lock/pretty-boot coupling issue (#7896), and the
grab-bag of quality issues (#7413). Could you say a few words about the
vision underlying your choices so that I can compare it to my own
understanding of what the 8.2.0 release needs to accomplish?

Thanks,

Michael

P.S. - Thanks very much for all the time you've spent combing Trac for
tickets that matter to you and bringing them to our collective
attention; I wish that more people were equally generous.