The default jabber server in jhbuild, olpc.collabora.co.uk, isn't
usable at the moment since it is being used to test Gadget - so it
doesn't have a shared roster.

Many of the community servers aren't working. The issue is that their
databases become overloaded once too many people register, and so they
need to periodically have their databases cleaned (see
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Ejabberd_Configuration#Tips)

We need a machine that developers can use, with someone taking an
interest in its uptime. jabber.laptop.org's been hosed for a long
time.

I'm happy to set up a machine and run it, and provide instructions for
others to poke it when I'm asleep, if someone can arrange a VM for me
with hardy. I have the jabber server running on my laptop, but that's
behind NAT and a very long thin (expensive) pipe.

Regards
Morgan