Martin Dengler wrote;
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 02:54:54PM -0400, Ton van Overbeek wrote:
> [...]
>
>> >   On the neighborhood view and in the frame there is no longer a
>> >   Disconnect option after you associate an AP.
>>
> [...]
>
>> > Is the removal of the 'Disconnect' option intentional?
>>

> There will be no 'Disconnect' option because there is no msh0 device.
> The two are related because the 'Disconnect' option is a 'design
> concession': what is actually does is to activate the mesh.  Without a
> mesh to activate, the 'Disconnect' option disappears.
>
> You may find the alternate proposals for 'Disconnect''s behavior, and
> the counter-proposals, at
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6995#comment:27
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6995#comment:28

OK, so both issues (no mesh and no Disconnect option) are only a single
one..
Just found trac #8133 which deals with the disappearing msh0 device.
Seems to be an issue with a mismatch between driver versions.
Hope it is solved soon.

 From an end-user point of view I want to be able to disconnect
(=disassociate) from
an unwanted AP. Now you cannot do this in an obvious way.

Ton