> along similar lines an issue I have been seeing with the network screen
> (but haven't gotten around to reporting). my home access point is
> encrypted and sometimes I can reconnect to it without a problem, but
> sometimes it acts as if it's never been connected to before (asking me for
> the encryption key). I've had to resort to printing the key and keeping it
> with me (not convienient or good for security). is this a known issue? is
> there anything I can do to help track down the issue?

I see this all the time, too.  There are some known bugs with encrypted
access points, but I don't know if this one is clearly reported.  Wireless
is *so* hard to debug, the programmers can never get to the location where
it actually fails repeatably -- and when it's failing, the laptop is by
definition off the net, so they can't login to it remotely to debug it.
Very frustrating.  Access points with encryption have *never* worked
reliably on the XO.  I guess the programmers in Cambridge had better
turn off their open access point, or it'll never be solved.

Like the memory freezeups, I just assume that everyone is seeing this
and nobody cares to work on it.

        John