On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Hal Murray <hmur...@megapathdsl.net> wrote:
>  OLPC Build staging-9 (devel_jffs2)
> Looks like I should have called it build 9.  Sorry for the confusion.
>
> I've never seen that connect automatically.  Most of the time, it worked when
> I poke the icon.

dsd is suggesting you wait, as it does a little dance before trying to
reconnect.

Can you try build 9 and/or 25, waiting? (and _not_ using wpa.sh - see
notes below)

>> What is wpa.sh and why do you have to use it? You do know that the OS
>> supports WPA out-of-the-box (although unreliable with some APs),
>> right?
>
> It's a shell script that sets up the crypto stuff.  I think it was announced
> on devel ages ago.  My copy is dated Dec 2007.  It writes to:
>  conf="/home/olpc/.sugar/default/nm/networks.cfg"

Try _deleting_ that file (with nm not running, as it'll recreate it),
rebooting, connecting for the first time -- a dialog window will come
up asking for the wpa passkey, provide it, and _then_ see if future
reboots reconnect (after waiting, as dsd suggests).

cheers,

 martin.langh...@gmail.com
 mar...@laptop.org -- School Server Architect
 - ask interesting questions