On 18.02.2009, at 18:01, John Watlington wrote:

> We already have a developer program where we give away laptops
> to interested people.

This is for people already committed, already part of the community.
It's a great program, I got my XOs from it.

But it does not get new people into the community. Like those who want
to tinker in private. Do something cool because it's a cool machine.
They would happily shell out a couple hundred bucks even if you slap a
"no warranty at all" sticker on the order page. This will not reach as
many people as g1g1 2007, but having a place to simply order is
essential (even more so for long term projects like in classrooms).

- Bert -