Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 09:43:20 -0400
Subject: Re: OLPC Projects/VideoEditing and Video Edit
From: rm...@cornell.edu
To: cbige...@hotmail.com

Hello Caryl,

My work on the project has stalled. When I left off last year, a gstreamer
glitch was causing OGGs from the XO camera to freeze the system, which
compounded with performance issues stalled the project. There's a good chance
that that particular problem has been resolved, and I too would love to see a
video editing activity on the XO.

I'm not sure how much work I'll be able to do, but I am definitely available to
advise and help out how I can. If a volunteer is interested, I would imagine a
good deal could be done in porting an existing free video editor (pitivi is
what I tried due to the similarities in its toolkit and that being used for
sugar) to the XO interface.

Keep in touch,
Robert

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Caryl Bigenho <cbige...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
I am a member of the OLPC Support Gang and am mentoring a project that wants to
use simple video editing on the XO as a part of their activities.  I see that
both of you were working on this last year, but that nothing has been posted on
the wiki about it for several months.

What is the current status of your projects?  Is anyone working on them now?
What was the state of the projects when you last worked on them?  Is it
something that one of our volunteer programmers could bring to completion?

There is really a lot of interest in having a simple video editing Activity for
the XO and Sugar.  At this point, folks are just suggesting a lot of
substitutes such as Turtle Art and Google Docs presentations.  But, of course,
what you folks were working on would be far better.

Let me know what is happening!

Thanks,
Caryl Bigenho, OLPC Support Volunteer