On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 00:57, DancesWithCars <danceswithc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good question, I that some one from Cambridge
> said you could share files, but maybe that is from
> our other machine peer to peer file sharing mentality,
> and not really implemented on the XO,
> or did I miss something?

Sugar supports direct file transfers between machines, but only from
0.84. Hilaire said he uses the last stable OLPC release, so he is
using 0.82.

Maybe we should try to troubleshoot Distribute and make it more robust?

The only other option I can think of is using a usb stick to share entries.

Regards,

Tomeu

> Even the files term is a little shakey,
> as a Journal Activity instance
> may not be the same as we usually think
> of a jpg, .txt file , etc. as the sugar
> wraps activity metadata around the
> instance?
>
> So, I will also be anxious for the solution...
>

> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 8:36 AM, Hilaire Fernandes
> <hilaire.fernan...@edu.ge.ch> wrote:
>> In a server-less environment I need to share several files among XO,
>> in the term of an Etoys project file provided by the teacher and the
>> students grabbing it.
>>
>> I tried to share a project from Etoys, but it lead to an error, (kind
>> of server error messages)
>> I tried the Distribute activity but it proved to be unreliable.
>>
>> I am using XO with latest stable Sugar updated from olpc-update
>>
>> Hilaire
>>
>> --
>> http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire
>>

> --