On 24.03.2010, at 00:36, Chris Ball wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> What do you guys think?
>
> For what it's worth, I wrote up my personal opinion about this on the
> sugar-devel@ list last year:
>
>   http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2009-January/003516.html
>
> (This isn't an official OLPC policy; I didn't talk with anyone at OLPC
> before writing it.)
>
> - Chris.

Very nicely put. This *should be* official policy in any case :)

The real problem with Flash isn't even the non-free player. It's the non-free
authoring tool chain every content creator is locked into, plus that even with
the tools the resulting flash file is not fully editable. The result is an
impenetrable magic gimmick, it's not supposed to be examined, deconstructed,
rebuilt, improved. It's teaching kids to be consumers, not to be creators.

- Bert -