On 16 September 2010 10:14, Sascha Silbe
<sascha-ml-reply-to-201...@silbe.org> wrote:

> Excerpts from Tomeu Vizoso's message of Thu Sep 16 10:24:26 +0200 2010:
>
>> Assuming the problem is in the Avahi level, we should make sure that
>> the system is coming out from suspend when the radio receives
>> multicast activity directed to us [...]
>
> It doesn't, by explicit decision. [1]

Right - thats the key point. Theres an incompatibility between the
design of idle-suspend and between the use of salut collaboration (or
with the use of any multicast-using application).

And even if we did wake up on multicast, we frequently fail to wake up
on network even when we're supposed to
(http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9960).

Increasing the frequency of "I'm here" communications would help this
issue but you'd end up saturating the network even more that already
happens, and I predict that it still wouldn't be reliable.

Best short term solution would be to disable idle-suspend, or at least
disable it when salut is being used.

Daniel