On 09/21/2010 10:02 AM, NoiseEHC wrote:

> 3. There is something terribly wrong with suspend (most likely the EC
> code). Sometimes it just switches off the closed laptop. After I boot it
> there is plenty of power in the battery so it is not a low power
> situation.

Thats by design. There is an auto shutdown off at 4 hours of inactivity.
  If you don't want that then change the powerd config file. in
/etc/powerd set config_MAX_SLEEP_BEFORE_SHUTDOWN to "0" which will
disable that feature.

> It happens regularly that after the XO-1 wakes up to reduce
> the back light brightness it cannot go to sleep again.

Please upgrade to the latest powerd (powerd 28) and see if your issue
persists.

http://dev.laptop.org/~pgf/rpms/olpc-powerd-28-1.fc11.i586.rpm

(you will need the --force option to rpm to install the package)
If it persists then please enable powerd tracing, recreate the problem,
and then send the log file to p...@laptop.org and copy me please.  You
can enable powerd tracing by:

sudo powerd-config =trace-on

The trace log is in /var/log/powerd.trace

/var/log is a ram filesystem so if the machine shuts down you will lose
the trace.  If you need it across a shutdown then edit /usr/sbin/powerd
and change the  LOGFILE= to somewhere disk based.  Note: that the path
to the logfile must exist.

--
Richard A. Smith  <rich...@laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child