On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Daniel Drake <d...@laptop.org> wrote:
>> Are there reasons to think Synaptics may now work?
>
> As far as I know there is still no explanation nor diagnosis for the
> super-strange EC behaviour in this mode. I don't know if anyone has
> tested if the same occurs on XO-1.5.

Well, I have now.

Works very nicely, does not show any of the scary issues discussed in
#8901. It may still be spewing too much information, not sure how to
measure that. EC does not seem to get swamped or confused.

> The synaptics driver will need a similar set of S/R hacks that we
> apply to psmouse in order to play nice with idle suspend.

I don't know the full range of S/R hacks. "Our" psmouse code using
proto=bare seems to be a tad smarter -- it captures the "wakeup"
stroke when we're waking up from TP activity. Synaptics mode misses
it. That's all I can see.

> Also, kbdshim will need an update, because right now it only deals
> with relative input devices.

Agreed.

Collected this info, and outcomes of my test, here
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10417

thanks!

 martin.langh...@gmail.com
 mar...@laptop.org -- School Server Architect