I read about the OLPC XO 1.75 including a new ARM SOC from Marvell.
 From what I read, this SOC includes a 3D GPU and a hardware video decode
engine.

What is the plan regarding support for these components in the OLPC XO 1.75
software and how does that fit with the general "100% open wherever
possible" philosophy of OLPC?

Will support come from a binary blob or from an open source driver (or will
it be like the wireless firmware on the current OLPC whereby its supported
by a binary blob initially with people who haven't signed any NDA
contributing to a reverse engineered replacement for said blob as a
community project?)

Or will the XO 1.75 not support 3D at all? (which would presumably save
power and make the battery last longer)

I am curious because this is the first device with ARM and a 3D GPU that I
know of that is being made by an organization where openness is a stated
goal of the project and (on the surface) that seems to conflict with the
highly proprietary nature of most vendors in the ARM SOC space.